About Escape New York™
Since 1994, the New York Cycle Club has opened its arms to the local cycling community by hosting Escape New York. Our annual end-of-summer “getaway” takes riders out of Manhattan via the George Washington Bridge to explore the beauty and history just across the Hudson River in Bergen County, NJ and Rockland County, NY.
We pride ourselves on our well-marked routes, turn-by-turn cue sheets, accurate GPS files, SAG vehicles, mechanical support at rest stops, and guidance by very friendly and helpful marshals stationed at several points on each route as well as roving marshals along the course.
Don't forget that:
- All non-NYCC registrants receive a free NYCC trial membership starting August 1
- Starting August 1, all registrants are eligible to join welcome rides led by experienced NYCC club members (if there is enough interest).
Enjoy great club benefits:
- Including member-led rides in the tri-state area
- Access to an extensive ride library
- Monthly club meetings featuring exciting speakers
- Fun social events
- Discounts at local bike shops
- And more!
The free NYCC trial membership continues through December 31, 2017, which includes NYCC's exciting schedule of “Fall Foliage” rides through beautiful Westchester County and Connecticut.
Founded in 1936, the New York Cycle Club is the largest such club in the city, an all-volunteer recreational cycling organization that offers its 2,000+ members rides at all pace levels, weekend trips, a nationally recognized spring training program, monthly meetings featuring important speakers in the field, a full calendar of special events in a friendly environment where you'll meet other like-minded cycling New Yorkers.
Become part of our vibrant NYCC cycling community, get in shape, make new friends, and explore the most beautiful routes in the tri-state area.
As a member, you will have access to:
- Well-planned, member-led rides throughout the year.
- Our highly regarded SIG/STS spring training series.
- Destination weekends of riding in the Berkshires for Memorial Day weekend and New Paltz over the July 4th weekend and our annual All-Class and Newcomers Rides.
- Monthly Club meetings featuring presentations from cycling industry experts.
- Discounts at numerous local NY/NJ area bike shops
- Access to a large and valuable ride library
- Opportunity to socialize with members at Club picnics, social outings, outdoor events, and much, much more.